Parkside values the role of leadership and encourages it in both curricular and extra curricula activities.
In year 9 students have the opportunity of following a Level 1 Sports Leaders course during PE lessons. Level 1 leaders are expected to offer at least 1 hour of leadership either within school or at local primary schools. In year 10 we offer the Level 2 sports leaders and in post 16 enrichment we offer Level 3 Sports Leaders. These qualifications are more in depth and require more commitment and expertise from students as far as Leadership and time commitments. We have very good links with local primary schools where ports leaders have the opportunity to develop their skills.
Benefits for a student
Here are just a few of the benefits of a Sports Leaders UK award or qualification for a student
- A fun and practical course that focuses on leading rather than technical ability.
- Potential stepping stone into employment, further education or training.
- A good foundation to progress onto other Sports Leaders UK awards or qualifications, and/or a National Governing Body award.
- Develops generic leadership skills that will be vital in other areas of life.
- Allows those who are not sports superstars to take a full and active role in sport and physical activity.
- Increased self-confidence that comes through taking responsibility for own and others learning and enjoyment.
For more details about Sports Leader qualifications please go the link below.